First off, I have given up on the Knucks. I remade them three times and no matter what I tried, there were massive gaps between the fingers. So feh, I'm taking a break and then I'll try another pattern for fingerless gloves that isn't finger-down.
I spent most of today dyeing even more roving. I think I might just name this the Fyrinnae Dye Project (FDP) since it's most of the dyeing I'll be doing for a while. To make life simpler (maybe) for me I'm just gonna hyperlink each eyeshadow color to its page on the Fyrinnae site, thus no hyperlink on a color name = a discontinued color.
Lousy Tip and Anasazi from yesterday are done and unpredictably as always Lousy Tip produced a light brownish tint and Anasazi went from golden ochre to a burnished orange with strong hints of red. (I swear I'll take pictures of all this soon)
This morning saw another four dyebaths, which are now drying: Black Plum which produced a dark dusty rose color, Bloodmoon which was a muted red and produced a bright orange, Chameleon which was very dark burgundy and produced a light ashy grey and Changeling, which also produced a light ashy, but different from Chameleon grey.
I'm starting to realize just how long a process dyeing is. I'm doing a half hour presoak in acidulated water, I've decided to aim for a 15-20 minute cook and then an eight hour cooling/setting period and then another day to dry. And to think, I still have 25 (!!!) pots of eyeshadow that I haven't used yet. FDP looks to be a lengthy endeavor.