So about trying to make this blog a daily occurrence... *anyway* I've been somewhat busy over these past two months (I'm rounding up a little to make my return seem more epic) and part of it has been due to the activities mentioned in this here blog. I did finish the FDP, and as for individual reports on each color as it's dyed, well that ship has sailed. But there are still individual reports on each color as I spin with it! Which reminds me...
That's a yarn I'm calling 'Cake Frosting' that I spun up using wool dyed with Ancient Mirage and Queen Mab. I also spun up all of some grey that I dyed *I think* with Bastet into a very thin single, which was upleasantly tedious, but oh, I have plans for it.
On the knitting front, I've been getting a bunch of lovely yarn over at Woolcott & Co. in Harvard Square for several different projects. I cast on for Knitty's Wisp in some light pink Rowan Kidsilk Haze (I think the colorway is called Grace). I did a few rows and although I'm not a huge fan of working 'airy' lace I like the finished product enough that I'm sure I'll get through it.
I also cast on for the Welig gloves from Knitting New Mittens and Gloves by Robin Melanson. I love this book and have tabbed off a bunch of patterns in it. I'm using the book recommended yarn which is Nashua Handknits Julia (mine is a light sage green) and I have to say that it is both really lovely to work with and very nice for the pattern.
My mother/daughter Lizard Ridge project is fairly steady, if slow, and I've currently got fifteen squares done out of the fifty that I need (ugh). I've mentally nicknamed the pattern 'lizard rudge' for no reason that I can fathom.