Monday, September 15, 2008

Tweedy Bird

Puns? What?

Anyway, now that I've recovered from my pint on Saturday (giving, not receiving) I'll post about what I did while I was keeping hydrated and maintaining my blood sugar, namely knitting. 

Last week I went to Woolcott & Co. to get some yarn and I ended up buying twelve skeins of Highlander by Alpaca With A Twist to make the Militia Coat from Sensual Knits by Yahaira Ferreira. So far I'm loving both the yarn and the pattern. The Highlander is a really lovely tweed in merino and alpaca with a little microfiber and viscose. The colorway I'm using ("Blackthorn") is a dark grey with cream and tan tweedy bits. Yummy. 

They've also got a new electric winder at Woolcott and the owner was nice enough to wind all of the hanks into center-pull skeins so that I didn't have to spend hours rolling it into balls. Plus I got a really nice canvas bag with the Woolcott logo on it. Score!

No comments: